WHO ARE WE?
Happy Drinks Co is made up of different brands, details of which can be found at happydrinks.co.
This privacy notice is issued by Happy Drinks Co Limited (company number 10843995 with its registered office at Unit 4 Mersey Reach, Dunnings Bridge Road, Liverpool, England, L30 6AD) on behalf of its group so when we refer to “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant brand within the Group that is responsible for processing your data.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at Unit 4, Mersey Reach, Galgate Drive, Liverpool L30 6AD or email us at email@example.com
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile);
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media);
- Information you provide us when you enter a competition or participate in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site; and
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including:
Direct Interactions: you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Profile and Marketing and Communications Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you purchase our products create an account with us, subscribe to our services, news, offers, promotions and updates or groups, request marketing to be sent to you, enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey or give us feedback.
Social Media Interactions: our website and services may allow you to interact with them by using your social media applications. This interaction may result in us collecting some of your social media content (including posts and comments, pictures and video footage), but only where this content is in the public domain and/or where this content has been sent by you to us in a private message via social media.
Automated Technologies: as you interact with our website & services we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Other Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources: we may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks search information providers.
- Marketing and Communications Data and Technical Data from online advertising data providers such as Google based outside the EEA.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Profile Data and Marketing and Communications Data from social media providers such as Facebook based inside and outside of the EEA
- Identity, Contact and Profile Data from data brokers or aggregators.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
Our Site may allow you the option of adding additional information to your account profile, such as information about your dietary requirements. We treat this information with particular sensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your health, for example. You do not have to provide this information to us, and can delete it or update it at any time.
We love communicating with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us (details below), clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
WHO DO WE SHARE THIS PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the Site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses.
Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves the conversion of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site.
Our Site is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our website and/or the service may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, mobile app and/or service, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website, plug-in and/or application that you visit.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, portability, correct, and request the erasure of your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.